Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: ITR's tuned by JR?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Batoutahell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2000
    Posts
    356
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Who were the 2 guys with ITR's that jacksonracing tuned to 200+whp by playing with the fuel pressure on just the base kit? I'd like to know if either of them dyno'd at an "impartial" dyno afterwards to confirm the gains. I offered to drive to JR's shop (I live in KC,MO) if Oscar would work his magic on my poor car that has never seen anywhere near the promised power from the jrsc kit. JR tells me that by lowering my fuel pressure alone, I should hit 200whp. Right. I'd be surprised if I'm at 180whp now. Shawn (Mr. Detail) told me that if I drive out to their shop, JR would put my car on their dyno (for a charge of $75), and THEN talk about options and pricing to work on my car. After expressing my disappointment that Oscar would not look at my car w/o first nickle-and-diming me, Shawn told me that he would call me back to discuss options. I haven't heard back. I've just about reached the end of my fuse with JR, and before I blow up I'd like to know if there's any truth to JR's ability to tune the jrsc'd ITR above 200whp with the BASE KIT, as advertised. Thanks all.

    ------------------
    '00ITR#739
    JRSC, JR Walbro FP, JR intake, J&S SafeGuard, JR BTC

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 00ITR006's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2000
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah me too, would like to see second dynos with base kit, at another dyno facility, i bet,, ohh i know the numbers will be way off.

    Bat. Guess what.... NO CEL's smile

    and finally after months of hassle

    212WHP 149Tq....
    JRSC
    JR intake
    jr btc 3 click
    stock timing
    VAFC,,( that was my money maker right there.
    fuel pressure 50psi static.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Batoutahell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2000
    Posts
    356
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    212 whp? I hate you! smile BTW, well done!!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member hopen_luder's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2001
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There were two guys and one of them lived in tucson. One thing you may not remember is that JR removed his intake(cai) and removed his msd block gaurd. It took nothing to get the system to get to 203. Call shawn and ask about their fix for the Type R's. At the time Oscar and his team were working on a fix for the Type R owners. Good luck...now if they would only come out with the SH kit!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Batoutahell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2000
    Posts
    356
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes against my better judgment I removed my J&S. I'm running 1 degree colder plugs. Check your mail smile

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Spunkster's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2000
    Posts
    99
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    sorry i didnt' reply sooner...i was out working on the other car...damn mitsubishis.

    My experience with JR was great....Oscar is very knowledgable and didn't just make an adjustment, instead he explained what he was doing and why, and shen showed me what it did to the power. I made 205 Whp at JR and i know i'm not making as much hp here, as i'm at almost 3000 feet elevation. I'm still very pleased with my JR kit...I think my Bypass valve is leaking though because i'm only making 4.5-5 psi agian...where i was making 6 before, and i haven't changed anything else. THe key to making power is tuning with a good o2 sensor, fuel pressure guage and a controlled environment. I'd be more than happy to talk to any of you on the phone about your problems or concerns. Email me at [email protected] with your phone #.

    Shawn and Oscar are good people as is most of the rest of the JR crew i met....i won't mention the "K word" though.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Spunkster's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2000
    Posts
    99
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i just noticed that you are running a safeguard.....try disconnecting it. I'm not even using mine anymore. I also have my timing at 18 degrees with the BTC and water injection that doesnt' really do that much for me. My static Fuel pressure at idle is about 45-50 psi if i remember correctly. The biggest power robber on the ITR is the over rich condition that exists from about 5700rpm up to redline. The real solution would be to remap the fuel curve. I"m thinkin gof the Gold Zdyne ECU on down the road, but thats not necesarry. Just our of curiosity are you running the 1 degree colder heatrange plugs????

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •